Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Michigan Good Sam Rally Spring 2009

Well here it is May 2009 and Lois and I are at the MI Good Sam Spring Rally in Charlotte MI. We arrive at noon on Tue. and got set up in a short time. We started visiting friends we have not seen since last Good Sam Rally in September. Things really don't start happening around here till Thursday when the other good samers start arriving.
Its the second day of Good Sams Rally and we went to Wal-Mart and Meijers to get a few things. Its been raining here off & on all day. Lois & I went up and register and got our goody bag with lots of things in it. Later I help with bingo and Lois play while I worked. After bingo Lois & I went over to some friends and had pie and a good conversation.
Thursday we did not do too much except work on the TV control box. About five there was a chapter pot luck so we ate there. After the pot luck we went to the staging area because they was putting on a Gong Show.
Friday Lois & I went play in a Good Sam Golf Scramble and came in second or at least tie for second. It was very wet & cold on the golf course, so when got back I took a hot shower to warm back up a little. Some friends stop over and we finally figure out what the problem was with the TV control box. It was the booster that is bad so I will have get up on the roof an fix it I guess or buy a new one. Later I fixed pork chops on the grill for supper. Friday night we had the band from Charlotte to entertain us. They play a lot of music for a long time and they were not bad.
Saturday it started out it was raining all night and most of the day. I went up for biscui and gravy. I had a meeting for wagon master and 1 pm I their was a chapter meeting which we attend. This evening was the parade of flags and entertainment.
Sunday its time to pack up an say good by to our friends and head home. Some are going to the Indiana State Rally this week. We would have but we are going to Branson MO within two weeks.

No comments: